Raised so far
"I have had Multiple Sclerosis for over 30 years. I was initially diagnosed in 1987, but I went into remission for 13 years.
The symptoms I experience are fatigue, weakness in my hands and my left leg. Due to these symptoms, and difficulty walking, I use a wheelchair to get around daily. I find that I get frustrated when I can’t do the simple things in life.
MS Wanganui has been amazing by providing information when I need it and they help me cope with my Multiple Sclerosis. They also support me and are a great way to socialise with other people.
By supporting MS Wanganui, you can assist people who have been newly diagnosed with MS to let them know what services and supports are available in our community. Your donation enables MS Wanganui to provide me, and others like me with Multiple Sclerosis, with information and resources that can help us manage our condition."
MS Wanganui is committed to increasing the wellbeing and quality of life for people with Multiple Sclerosis in our region, but we need your help to make this happen.
MS Wanganui provides a free community advisory service to people with Multiple Sclerosis, their families, their carers and includes:
- working with people newly diagnosed on a one-to-one basis
- offering up-to-date knowledge of Multiple Sclerosis and its management
- providing advocacy and support
- offering counselling and referrals to appropriate agencies
- supporting partners, carers, families, friends, health professionals, employers, and workmates
- facilitating groups for people newly diagnosed and their partners, carers, children, workmates
- offering assessment facilitation
- providing social contact, on either a group or individual basis
- liaising with other services such as home based care providers, community health services, counsellors, health professionals and work and income to meet client needs and.
- applications for grants and scholarships for clients.
A big thank you to our Supporters
The real heroes who are kindly helping us achieve our goal